Start your own business with Startup Play - PLNT Leiden
Are you a student, do you have a good idea for a startup, and do you want guidance in setting up your own business? Then Startup Play is the perfect match for you!
Startup Play is THE entrepreneurship program for anyone in the Leiden area who wants to start their own business. For three months you will receive personal coaching and participate in the interactive Startup Playground sessions. If you don’t have a (complete) idea yet, but you want to discover if entrepreneurship suits you? Then you can work out your plan further together with coach Sander.
Step-by-step plan for setting up a startup
Where do you start when you want to start your own company? What makes your startup successful? During Startup Play you will learn how to get the best out of your idea:
- First, you make your startup idea connect with its target audience;
- Then you make your first Minimal Viable Product (MVP) and test it;
- Then you see 'the bigger picture' and know roughly what it takes to turn your idea into a startup;
- Finally, you learn to experiment and assess the results.
This is Startup Play
Startup Play consists of two different parts: the personal coaching and the interactive sessions called Startup Playground.
The coaching you receive from Sander Kuin, the Activation Manager of PLNT. These conversations can either be online or physically at PLNT. They are every first and third Tuesday + Wednesday of the month from 16:00 to 17:30. The coaching is per startup team (so not individual) and lasts 20 minutes.
Startup Playground is every second and fourth Thursday of the month, from 16:00 pm to 17:30 pm. During this session you work on issues with the other Startup Play participants. Together you look at what you are up against and how you work on (entrepreneurship) problems. In this way you learn from each other and help each other.
Afterwards you will join PLNT’s networking drinks! At these drinks you will meet the PLNT community and get to know our startups, student associations and of course the PLNT team. When the weather is nice, drinks will be on our green roof terrace, The Roof, and when the weather is cooler it will be at our indoor café, De Binnentuin.
Learn more about entrepreneurship during your internship and studies!
- Listen to the first episode of our podcast and learn more about balancing entrepreneurship and student life!
- Startup Play participant Jordi shares his experience about his internship and entrepreneurship in this blog.
- Read what an interactive session entails and discover if entrepreneurship suits you by joining Startup Playground.
- Do you already have a well-defined idea for your startup and are you ready for the next phase? Then Venture Academy is for you!